Sunday, May 08, 2005

he did it his way

Significance happened this week...and the quote that a friend had as their msn name puts it well 'why is it that death is the only confirmation of life?'.
A high school friend passed away this week...and man what a guy! If theres anything synonomous with everyone I have talked to about it is that we know he went straight to heaven. Besides being just basically the nicest guy I knew, he was so different...an eccentric free spirit who did not care what people thought...if ever there was a male version of Dharma!
Last time I saw him was last year at Villa, was with Paulo and he was with another friend and it was jus polite..He reminded me why I had had a crush on him earlier on in life(x-files unleashed..) and we concluded the day with the plan of meeting to go watch the Pattni trial. I had been looking for guys to go with and finally these guys were with the plan of going to heckle Patto a little sumin...But..I never called and made the plan. It was the usual ' oh ill call him another day ' and when I found out he'd left the country already, I was like ...theres always next summer. But..there wasnt...there isnt...There is just not enough time to keep postponing people and this kind of thing is the real reminder. I now realise that you have to tell people how much you appreciate them now - it could be cheesy as hell, something like a soppy testimonial on hi-5...but in the end at least that person knows that - life would not be the same without them in it.

He is gone...rolling with the cherubims...and I wont get to tell him how kool his mohawk (pointi with a mohawk...how kool??!) looked the last time I saw him..and how his optimism and faith in people was an inspiration....a breath of fresh air for the short time I was exposed to it...Incidentally it was birthday the day he passed...i dont know how incidental that is???...'you know God has a plan when...'
So, I raise my virtual glass to my perpetually tree-hugging friend- wat an orijinaal!...i feel blessed to have known you Khalid...