Saturday, June 30, 2007

Ode to a Cin-ful American tradition

Reading a book the other day about something or other, I was about on the second page and for some reason- may have been an allusion in the book - I was overwhelmed by the memory of one of my favourite North American traditions. Although this amazing creation was established in the US of A...it was in the frosty land of Canada that I was lucky enough to be introduced to it. For all the hostility shown to me by the weather patterns of the Ontario snow belt, two of the most wonderful things I ever found in Canada would have to be -people who give back wallets most times with the money still in it and ...DRUM ROLL PLEASE...... CINNABON! Lets just take a moment - a cinnabon moment......


wooo..

You see I dont remember much about reading that day and why I was triggered but I do remember being overpowered by the memory of the scent and glory of the Cinnabon. Whatever I read must have been like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to a diabetic because all i know is I zoned out, started salivating and that was about it for the reading that day. Am I talking sense, is this true??...please...please..anyone dispute this as a known truth...testify!...Cinnabon is one the most glorious things invented by Americans...and almost ..almost makes me forget anything that may have upset me about that countrys behaviour in the past. It resolves and reparates for many an injustice, because once that cinnamon lusciousness melts on the tongue...warmly trickling caramel succulence on the lip...and bite into the moist yumminess- all is forgotten....That is fourty acres and a mule right there baby!!
Last time I visited the States I resisted and only went to a Cinnabon once to find that they had expanded the menu....wat! I tell you it was like having shopped at the kiosk for Patcos and Tropical mint all your life until your dad decided to take you to Montys! They now had a strawberry chllata, a strawberry banana chillata, a tropical chillata, a chocolate mocha plus the old school cappucino and caramel chillatas...it was madness i tell you...madness!! And although calorific aspects of it gave me a toothache and heart burn all at once I proceeded to the counter and asked for both the Strawberry chillata and a Caramel Pecanbon. Stealing guilty glances to my left and right, I felt like everyone was staring at me and thinking about my impending myocardial infarction but i didnt let it get me down! The mind was prudent but the body was weak and willing - my body was saying 'yes Cinnnabon....yess!! lets go Cinnabon..lets go..." And were you to have entered my head at that time what you'd have heard would have been quite similar to a bunch of Celtel highway billboards - 'yes......yes.....yes...yes..yesyes yes yesyesyes ..yeesss' with each insalubrious bite and sip...
So as we wont meet again anytime soon Cinnabon, Cini, Boni....old buddy old pal...i say goodbye with a few words that people have used to show appreciation ...

'And the drummer boy go pa-rum pa-pum pum 
Give ya some some some of this Cinnabon' Missy Elliot

'Girl, you taste like a Cinnabon — so sweet, from the thighs to the feet' Ludacris

'If loving you is wrong , I dont wanna be right' me