Thursday, December 20, 2007

i love lots of music..i cant even really name a favourite artists because they come from such different spectrums; or perhaps one has a song thats just so off the hinges that it is necessary for them to receive a ranking despite the rest of their track record not proving to be so stellar (e.g Hope - 'Rain Dont Last' amazing song, the rest: not soo sure about) ...So anyway I often come across an artist who Im just like 'wat?! where have you been all my life?!' and maybe theyve been around and I chose to ignore them or wasnt aware until one day it just hit me like whoa (this happened with Floetry) or maybe theyve just come into the game and I have luckily found out about in some obscure manner or form (Lupe Fiasco, Robin Thicke, Coldplay)...but anyway, everytime it happens its like drugs...Seriously its: the syringe is full, the beats are injected into the veins, infused with the blood and consequently- the music makes me higgggghhhhh! i know.....i sound stoned but really....Bob Marley said it best: ''one good thing about music , when it hits you, you feel no pain'....true true true! a good song truly brings the definition of the word 'hit' alive..!
Anyway, thing that led me to want to write this is this new artist I found from someones computer the other day and if you like folk music (I said I like everything...a hoe to the rhythm) Damien Rice-esque stuff then you'll love this guy (if youve not heard of him already that is-of course, I may just be the one who him found in slow motion here...and if so then i believe the slow motion was for dramatic effect- so that the acoustics could really make their moves on me)....Aaannyyway..his name is Joshua Radin and I dont think enough people I know know about him, so heres two of his songs...




And I absolutely love 'Say' by John Mayer...and cant wait to watch 'The Bucket List' just because of it
...and also 'The Debators'

felis navidad ladies and gents...*may the music be with you*

Labels: